Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pain

My pain has definitely gotten better. It is also different. The surface pain is infrequent, unless I'm laying directly on it, or chest tube sites here and there occasionally send a shout out. I am keenly aware of the subterranean pain, yeah, I'm the earth.

When the surgeons put the muscles together, apparently, the muscle above the cut doesn't lie flat again for around 3 months. It was disturbing enough to me to ask. Odd feeling and looking. I have so much numbness, around the cut, and across my ribs, under my left breast, including part of my breast on to the sternum. The nerve pain is not a painful constant as it once was, praise GOD! As my body is settling, there has been cessation of past intense pains, and awareness's of pinpointed pain. Under my rubs on my left side, I have a pretty constant sensation of a finger poking into my side. Similar to an intense gas pain. Since it is more toward my front a friend though it may be a phantom or referred pain. All the muscles are so interconnected, it may just be from being pulled and tugged by my belly and from being in motion. Who's to say.

I have seen a friend of mine who is a fabulous massage therapist, sounds luxurious, well, it is! She has a gift, my muscles were bunching up and I was getting a pinched nerve in my shoulder, left side above the cut. I could, and still can, feel the muscle acting separately from the bottom half, so I am more careful than before about moving. So while Camille, the massage friend, worked on that muscle, I felt a tingling sensation, and later when I touched that area, it was laying down flat! Camille has been such a blessing to me, my body and my mind while working through the healing. Her life is upside down now too. She had a leak under her sink which buckled her entire kitchen floor. Due to incompetency with the contractor sent out, only half the floor was taken out and dealt with and she now has mold problems. So reminiscent for me. She is living in a hotel until the mold can be resolved and this may entail an entire kitchen remodel at this point. Very sad since she just about 2 years ago put on beautiful, discontinued tile... Please pray for her. Spiritual health and physical health and mental health, this can be very taxing. She goes to Kingdom Hall which feeds her spirituality.

No comments: