Monday, July 23, 2007

Back to Normal?

Skip this paragraph if you don't like reading about wounds....argh.....

Got the call from a resident surgeon late last night. She said it's normal to have wounds get soft, moist then back to dry. It does seem to be forming a scab today. Filling in the open space, large scar coming there now. I may put some butterfly bandages on it myself to close it for a smaller less Frankenstein scar if I can get around to that soon. Ironic that I'm now calling and concerned over changes to these wounds. Used to wait until I knew for sure something was very wrong and not going away before involving doctors.

So I'm several hours in on my own today. The house didn't burn down.....Caleb is making pancakes, on the stove, and the T.V. has been on for more than the recomended 1 hour......But we're all alive here. I haven't had the dreaded poopy diaper yet. That's the one I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with yet.

No comments: