Thursday, July 05, 2007

High as a kite

Hello everyone. I'm happy to be back home. Weird to be home and not myself. The kids just kept playing. My being home was almost incidental. The pain is unfortunately not at bay, but better. I talked to a nurse today about my med and pain situation. I have to wean off a couple of the pain meds already. It is a challenge, but I know this will be a memory soon. I'm having quite a bit of nerve pain, which is good in the theoretical sence, it means I'm healing, the preverbial itch under the band-aid. The nurse has me upping my nerve pain medication, so I am hopeful this will allow for more comfort and longer sleep at night. Please continue to pray for sleep and pain abatement.

It is interesting to be on narcotics. I think I present fairly normal, however, my sister called while on her way to my house today and I said cool, did we pre-arrange this? I didn't even remember we had talked about it 2x! Thems the breaks. I'll take the drugs and the airheaded self over more pain at this point. I am getting very tired of it though. Can't believe sometimes that it's dragging on so long.

Moving right along, my kids are doing well. I am so blessed, my heart overflows with gratitude and thanks for all that mom, freinds, and spiritual family are doing. It is a wonderful thing to be taken such good care of. Therese is running my daily schedule, many of you have been called by her and have so graciously been bringing meals and taking the kids out for hours to have fun and give Lawrence and my mom, Grammie a break. Grammie has been working so hard, doing laundry and household chores, on top of being available to take care of kids in between times.

Chris took my kids from 10 or 11a to 9p!!!! the other day. She lost track of time and called to see if she could keep them longer to feed them! To lose track of time when watching someones kids, wow! How wonderful to be so blessed! I can ramble on an on right now, I'm high from the percacet's.

All of the perscriptions are not pain meds, some are anti-inflamatorie- can't think clearly, other unmentionables and of course pain meds. Lots of meds! I have a little yellow notebook where I keep track of what to take when and how many hours apart. (4) percacet 8a . That's for clarity. It's really quite overwhelming to be sent home with a ton of meds and not being clear headed. I carry it around, or have it near, so I can keep up with what med is coming up. Sometimes, I'm counting the minutes till the next dose. Can't wait till this phase of healing is over!

Please keep praying. And thank you for your prayers. Very cliche but they work! Interesting to get a peek into the life of a junkie. No wonder it's hard to tell if someone is on drugs, they seem pretty normal, just a little off.

No comments: