Sunday, July 08, 2007

A healing itch?

I'm itching like crazy! My nerve pain covers to my left side, stomach, and part of my chest and back. All signs of proper healing but I'm feeling a little crazy from the itching and healing. Had to tell someone!

I finally am on top of the pain today, and they pull the happy feeling right out from under me, and say it's time to start weaning. Well, it is better than when I was supposed to begin weaning last week and wasn't in control of the pain yet. I just can't wait till I feel normal and pain free again.

Friday I did ask for the pathology report to be faxed to me. Since I don't have it yet, my assumption is that I'll get it when I see my doctor on Friday. I will of course post the results as soon as I know anything. My appointment is 10a, Friday 13July.

Reflecting on my experience, I think I am not as queasy and uneasy with needles anymore. Every morning, I was woken by a blood draw. Quite an experience being in the hospital for 8 days. I was definitely the spring chicken in the Cardiac / Thorasic recovery floor. There were a few other youngsters like myself, or younger, but most had gray hair and their ages were 80+. My 3rd room-mate was 87 or so, and was a fun person. She had checked in the night before for a similar procedure. She had lung cancer and was having a lobe removed, although her surgery was going to be thoroscopic, so faster healing. So cool you can be healed by 1 surgery.

I'll share more reflections, and bore you with a blow by blow when I'm sober. I'm high on percacet right now, though sadly, and gladly I am starting to wean.

No comments: