Thursday, July 03, 2008

Red Potato/e

There are so many things to share, but the most remarkable to this moment is Silas got stung by a bee. We stopped at the store on the way home to buy a red potato. Once home, I grated it and put it on Silas's toe where he'd been stung. I wrapped it in saran wrap and we called him the king as he got to eat toast on the love seat.

Amazingly, he asked to have the potato removed and says it doesn't hurt. He got stung at 2p and it is 4p now, and he's happy as a clam. I'm going to try this on mosquito bites for Caleb. He swells up and has huge lumps from them.

[WARNING TO THE SQUEAMISH, SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH]
OK, I have to tell you, while I was writing the 1st sentence, Caleb got hit in the nose by a bee stung boy. He had such a gusher. I hollered up "Go to the bathroom...." When I got up there, 30 seconds later, it already looked like a slasher movie. As the stream dripped over his mouth, he blew it like he'd just came up from underwater....Yuck! We got a few good drops for the microscope, our science for today, actually, the second science lesson today. While he's looking at the microscope, he lets the paper slip off his nose and WHOA Nellie, the longest coagulation you've ever seen! We took pictures of his masterpiece, he wanted it to go onto the blog, but for those less squeamish than I, I refrained. You're welcome.

No comments: