Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mysterious bump

Malachi cooking pancakes!! The audience.
Yesterday was the first day of VBS for Malachi and Caleb. They had fun, and Malachi brought something extra home, a mysterious bump on his temple. He doesn't remember being hit, falling, bumping it.... If a brother pokes him wrong at home, there are blood curdling yells, and cries going and going, and going.... When an injury happens to his legs, he has been know to come down the stairs not using his legs. He actually looks like a paraplegic when he does this. He has even climbed up onto the couch to sit with me, all without using his legs. This can go on for 1/2 hour!

Back to the issue at hand. He has the largest egg on the side of his head . No bruising that I can see, no puncture marks from a bug. I'm trying to remain cool as a cucumber, but, I am slathering arnica gel on it, hoping it will just go away. It has changed since yesterday. It was hard, now it covers more area, but is soft and squishy. The doctor, yes, you experienced moms, I called the doc, said to watch it and if I still don't like it by Thursday she'll take a look at it then.
The ham is happy even now as he sees himself. "Me, Malachi, me, Malachi.....".
The bump as it looks this morning. Dispersed, covering more area, less red. The shining is the arnica.

No comments: