Thursday, June 26, 2008

15 Year Anniversary.......Again

Today is 15 years since our wedding celebration. We got married in a small ceremony in my townhouse in Castro Valley, then in June, we had the white dress, big celebration. Lawrence should be coming home early and we'll go do something as a family. I'm thinking Garin Park. Family walk, biking, baseball??? Something as a family. Feels like it's been a long time since we've been together as a family doing something with just us. I think it is just what we need.

Yesterday also marks my 1 year since open chest surgery anniversary. My body has done so well over this last 6 months. I've been working out since January, which has really helped my muscles work together in unity, you probably take this for granted! Some of my muscles have forgotten they used to be one, and act like separate muscles still, but not extra painful, so I'm guessing it's ok. I do have nerve tenderness and numb areas, but can't complain. Overall, I feel very strong and healthy. I do think I have a thyroid problem, I have many of the classic symptoms. Hypo. My mom and her mom had it, so I've been tracking over the years.

I've been feeling a sense of oppression this last week. Please pray for me. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

I've been behaving poorly, not the devil made me do it, yet there is an element of oppression I felt, especially over the weekend. Being tired, emotionally tired, I walked right into poor choices, which make life harder on everyone. I'm onto the deceiver now, and am choosing to not feed the anger and dwell on bad feelings in my mind. If you think hard, you may understand what I am talking about here. We all have choices to dwell and feed, or to move on. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

We've been doing a service camp this week at the church my dad's memorial was at. We picked up trash at San Leandro Creek, wrote letters to service guys, learned about special needs people and did a craft which will be included in a basket, and today played bingo and sang songs at a care home. Tomorrow will be interesting. We will be going to Target to spend $20 per family on a child for angel tree. I'd like to brag my kids are really thinking about others and putting others first, but alas, this is just a step in the right direction.

Today, after singing at the care home, it reminded me of when my grandparents would bring me to a nursing home and would sing hymns. It surprises me how willing the residents were to sing with gusto. We have a long way to go in putting others first, and thinking of others needs, human nature and the American way sure don't help.

One of the favorite parts of this week for the kids is the air hockey game, so again, learning to serve is going to be an ongoing lesson.

No comments: