Tuesday, May 29, 2007

News Flash

To verify this tumor did not originate elsewhere, I will have a pet cat-scan. This is cool. It checks for any cells that are eating sugars quickly, fast metabolic growth. Before surgery I will also need a pulmonary function workup. After consulting a Thoracic surgeon, and looking over my films, the recommendation is now to have the tumor removed ASAP to avoid future problems from a larger tumor. So, ASAP is soon, but not light speed. Lawrence has 2 weeks vacation, so guess this will be like having a baby:-o As for the 2nd biopsy, they will do what is called a frozen biopsy, during the first part of surgery. One stop shopping, 1X being knocked out. I’m thrilled to not have this done as a separate event!

Next I will need to see the Thoracic Surgeon for consultation, find out the how of removal. Both Docs are at the UCSF Cancer Center. Per the pulmanologist, surgery will be done from the back. This thoracic surgeon has been written up in the SF Chronicle for small incisions, least invasive surgery. Hope this works well for my recovery. Lawrence was up and running pretty quickly after his appendectomy.

What will I need? Bring a meal to my family while I’m gone, come visit me in the hospital, and PRAY.

God has blessed me so much through this experience. I can feel the power of the prayers of His people. I know from the past the power of prayer focused on me. I’m a little bummed thinking about when life is back to health and regular living and I won’t have the extra prayers of so many people. Not so bummed as to not want to be living in that space again!! God gives us times in our lives to put life into perspective. This life is but a fleeting moment in time. We are as grass in a meadow here today, gone tomorrow. So many blessings. Such a good and generous God. I’ve been reading the Old Testiment from Joshua to 2Kings and have a real sense of how blessed I am that Christ came to be the fulfillment of the law. I could never live up to what was expected of the Old Testament folks! Praise God for salvation, without my perfection. Christ is Lord and He is Risen!

No comments: