Thursday, April 05, 2007

Biopsy Inconclusive

The results of the core biopsy done last week are inconclusive. The samples were small, stringy and didn't give much information. Probably not malignant going on history of no cancer in my family, and my being virtually asymptomatic. Symptom was from the mass itself, wheezing, and getting bronchitis.

Bottom line is, a larger sample is required. The good thing is, I have 1 person keeping track of things now, I can relax in that area, not trying to coordinate. That is a relief.

Next step now is to get more blood work done, probably have a pet scan(never heard of it? Me neither, gonna Google it in a minute), and then another biopsy. I will be put out for the next biopsy since they will be taking a larger chunk close to the aorta, the reason the last samples were so small.

More waiting, more prayers. I really covet your prayers for peace, calm and being free from anxiety. I've been feeling the anxiety in my stomach.

Just got a call again from my UCSF Nurse Practitioner, Gjedsted. I am getting set up with a Radiologist to review all the films of the 2 cat scans and MRI to determine if any new pictures need to be taken with the pet scan. Will find out more information next week, after the Radiologist reviews the films. So I imagine, I won't find out anything until at least Thursday or Friday at the earliest. I had blood taken back in October of 2006 and it had no unusual white blood cell counts, which is good and indicated not malignant.

No comments: