Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All set for surgery! And away we go!

After raw few hours of being overwhelmed yesterday with three demands, everything is coming together. Many of you have signed up to help with childcare, and bringing meals. Knowing my family will be fed is a big load off, and knowing Lawrence will not be on 24/7 is big too.

The pulminary function test is on Wed at 2p. Pre-op appt is on Friday at 830a and surgery is at 6a Monday 25June.


UCSF Medical Center at Parnassus
505 Parnassus Ave.San Francisco, CA 94122(for mail use zip code 94143-0296)
(415) 476-1000


If you are available to bring a meal or be on call for childcare, please email me. Therese is coordinating and will call to arrange dates.

You are welcome to visit me in the hospital un-announced or announced, as I will likely be just hangin' around by an IV:) If you want to do more than sit with me, we can take a walk, yes that's encouraged! If you're a touchy feely type you could rub my feet, my hands, massage my scalp, or just talk with me. I only mention things to do since I usually have no idea what to do or say to someone in the hospital who's gone through surgery. Sitting and talking is a wonderful gift. Reading the funnies from Readers Digest, or other, is a fun way to spend time also.

If you want to bring me a meal, I'd welcome that too. Homemade, restaraunt... Hospital food has some deficiencies, though it is great to be fed and not have to lift a finger to prepare it! I like Thai food, spicy food, vietnamese food, mexican food, middle eastern food. I especially love veggies and fruit and salad, romaine lettuce my fav. I'm pretty open palated.

I have had my eyes open to many things. I have a pretty deadpan sense of humor, and this is just fuel for my humor. No need to feel pitty, or feel you have to put on a somber face. I am very comfortable with what is happening to me, not that I won't be in pain and on drugs:)

This whole experience has been a catalist for fast personal growth and I truely see it as a good thing in my life. This is an 'information package' that I no longer need, so good ridence, and thank you for what I have learned. The Lord has sustained me through your prayers. Where 1 or more are gathered together in my name(Jesus) I am there. So many of you have lifted me to the Lord in prayer and without that, I could not have the peace I have.

I am so thankful for the health I and my family have. This type of experience really puts that in your face. (Being pregnant does too, at least for me:)no I'm not pregnant, I'm just saying)

THings to pray:

  • For Silas to adjust, be busy, have fun with life, not tramatic
  • For all of my family to grow from this in charicter, deepen their faiths now or in future because of this experience.
  • Peace between all of them, support eachother, get along, resolve conflicts on own
  • Breakfast and lunch every day
  • health

For me:

  • IV's to be done skillfully and not hurt
  • For doctor/s: health, focus, simplicity, attention to detail
  • no long term damage, nerve and all else

I can't think of anything else. I'm sure you can. God sent his holy spirit to interpret our prayers, in groanings and utterings too profound for us to understand. So just pray anything. God knows better than I/we what needs to be done.

Above all else, I want Gods glory to be reflected and seen through this experience. He is truely worthy of my praise and worship. Every good thing comes from him.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, Heidi. Just thought I'd confess to lurking on your blog. I'm sorry that we don't live close enough to bring you all a meal, but we'll be thinking of you and looking for news on the blog...

-Lisa-
(a.k.a. your cousin)

EarthChick62 said...

Hey Heidi- I had a 6 hour long surgery last week, and am at home recovering now. I say this because it is clear from your blog that you are confident in the Lord, and rightly so. God is Rock Solid, as you already know, and God will carry you and your family through this- it's amazing to think about all that He has and will continue to do in your life. I just want to confirm you in your knowledge of The Lord!!! My constant thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. I wrote your name on some sticky notes and placed them around the house to remind me and my family to pray for you and your family. And you are right- hospital food is beyond bad- a little Thai will go a loooong way!
Blessings- tammy bollinger-

Aquino Clan said...

thanks guys, so fun to have comments! I've been lurking on your blog too Lisa. I especially loved the bees.

Tammy, I'll have to compair scars and stories. 6 hours! I forgot to ask how long mine will be. Will tell you next week:-o GLad you're healing well. Thanks for your prayers. I am so blessed.

Aquino Clan said...

Ok, Tammy, I forgot to ask and I'm very curios, what surgery did you have?