Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rice Mush

On this elimination diet, there are more foods to avoid than I will bore you with, however, aside from rice, not any grains (quinoa is in the chard family and not a grain, thanks Stacy for the trivia!) As I am in the very steep learning curve of this eating style, I am spending way too much time thinking about food, preparing food, food, food, food,food.....

I added too much water to short grain rice and it came out very sticky, almost gooey. I added cashew milk, and ground flax seeds, and voila a hearty, comforting breakfast cereal! As oats are off the menu for a while, and when they do come back, they are way too expensive to eat for breakfast every day, I feel so blessed and taken care of by this simple meal. I feel more loved by God from discovering this easy food, than I have in a long time by many bigger miracles, go figure. Food is so hard right now, this is one easy creamy food. There are no sauces, adds that I have come across yet for this diet for cooking. So many things I make are enhanced by vinegar and soy products (both are temporary unless we have a reaction when we reintroduce).

No comments: