Thursday, August 23, 2007

All in a Toddlers Days Work

I've been surviving the last 2 weeks. Last week I was beginning to have normal periods of time, feeling 'normal' that is. I went through the baby clothes and Silas' dresser, packed up 5 garbage bags for giving away. Unfortunately, it set me back a week or 2 in healing.

Normal has eluded me since then, I'm surviving. I did however give 3 boys haircuts yesterday. Exhausted afterward. It's great I can do some 'normal' things here and there, but oh so frustrating to have to pay dearly for doing them.

On to the fun events that make up great stories to tell your grandchildren....

Silas put my sewing kit in the washing machine yesterday(another little man had tried out some sewing skills and left it within reach). Lawrence decided the wash had been left too long and re-ran it. Some loud clanging, bumping sounds coming from the garage, he stops the washer and looks in. Needles, thread, scissors. Most of you know what's in a basic sewing kit.

I was told to put Caster Oil on a hot compress on my soar muscles, so last night Lawrence took the boys for a ride to put them to sleep(a sign we're all surviving). He went through the drive-through pharmacy and convinced the clerk to get him some caster oil so he could stay in the car. She looked both ways before leaving her post, wasn't really supposed to do this.

When Lawrence came home, he gave me the caster oil, Silas woke up, I held him in my chair, then didn't get around to using the oil, left it on the desk. When I came down stairs this morning, Silas had beat me down and had emptied the bottle of Caster Oil on the borrowed chair(our only furniture right now, SHHHH don't tell yet, I think I'm going to have to beg to buy this borrowed chair, it has met with a few catastrophes, as far as chairs go). The oil was dumped on the chair and the carpet. Yay. A strong and clever baby!

On to other news, the boys have been banned from the downstairs bathroom, due to out house odors and other bad bathroom habits. They now have an alternating bathroom cleaning schedule so their toilet gets cleaned every day. This isn't completely often enough, but the best I can do under the circumstances.

School has started, well we've met with our teacher and have assignments due on Sept 4th already. We are going to be starting next week.

No comments: