Thursday, March 13, 2008

Baseball Mania

I seem to have fallen into baseball land. Lawrence's friend Joel convinced him to do an easy job, be team manager for Malachi's T-ball team. Call the list of parents and tell them what team they are on, coordinate jerseys, general team start-up stuff. Remember this is from my perspective, so actual factual conversations are just hearsay.

Fast forward to now.......Lawrence is coaching the team alone! Think about this, Lawrence who tends to prefer people not interrupting him at work with 'pointless' conversation, is in charge of 9-12 T-ball players, their MOMS!! and dads. His laid back style has already caused quite a non-laid back reaction, however at present, no one wants to be coach. I am hoping and praying that some of the parents afraid of commitment, but willing to help where they can, will, in essence be the coach. I must mention, we have a great team mom.

I have encouraged those whom I have heard making suggestions under their breath to participate. Please pray that I am gracious and kind as I continue. I have lots of scenarios of conversations rattling around in my head, some less uniting than others, I know you know what I mean. I really do want this to be a fun experience for the kids and not torture for Me and the other parents, so please pray for harmony, team unity, gentle spirits, and an openness for any ministry opportunities. Our church is a 10 minute walk from the field.

Caleb has a very HIGH energy coach. He used to be a pro baseball player and he has a plan and is teaching those boys a lot. This team was just formed and there are no parent volunteers on this team yet.

No comments: