Saturday, September 01, 2007

More Toddler Tales

This week has more toddler tales for your enjoyment. One of the days, Silas put his body through the railing bars. His head was too big, so if he fell..... I pointlessly tried to pry the bars apart, remember, I have less strength than normal, thought, should I have the fire department come and pry them apart? That would take too long. So I grabbed Silas' diaper, angled him as best I could and just pulled the poor kid out. He had bar marks on his chest and back. He wasn't too pleased, but better to be out than in! Lots of cuddling for quite a while. I think it really hurt him:(

Next toddler trick, he smelled like ketchup... I took him to sink, washed him off, took off his now red shirt. Didn't walk into kitchen or look for that matter. Later, I walked into kitchen and saw he had done finger painting on the floor! Could have been worse, it could have been all over the cabinets and the walls.

I'm doing better each week. Sometimes I take a step or 2 back, depending on how many times I have to get on my hands and knees and clean the floor! :-o I went to my regular doctor Thursday, got cleared for driving, and saw my Thoracic Surgeon yesterday. I shouldn't be seeing her anymore, got my walking papers. I was sore from all the bumping and long car rides 2x in a row.

We took the kids and went to Giradelli Square, saw how they make the chocolate yesterday. Then went to see the sea lions afterward, Pier 39. Caleb cared more about the break dancers. He's looking for some new moves:) Fun to be a tourist now and then in our own backyard. It drained my energy. I actually fell asleep on the way home. This is quite a feet, since I can't sleep in cars, on planes, even when we used to travel 1st Class international, couldn't sleep. Well, my head was flopping around just like one of the kids yesterday on the way home. I even opted to stay in the car once we got home to sleep some more with Silas until he woke up. So my stamina is not what it used to be!!

I have a hematology appointment next month, maybe this month by now. Monday the 10th at 12 or so, gotta verify. I have low white blood cell count. Why? Hoping the Hematologist(blood Dr) can tell me. One more set of prayers before leaving the special medical prayers behind and going into 'normal' life prayers of survival, cleanliness, teaching, attitude, discipline.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Dear Heidi,
You and your family have certainly been in our prayers and thoughts. I am amazed at our faithful God and his strong arm in sustaining us in the storm. Your experience is a testimony of this. I appreciate your transparency in sharing. We weep and rejoice together. I am reminded in a song.. "that if we never had a problem we'd never know that God could solve them. We'd never know what faith in God could do."
I love you , dear.
Aunt Janet